192.168.0.1 is a private IP address, that is used within the private networks and lies in the range between 192.168.1.1 to 184.108.40.206. Most home networks use the same IP address in this category. 192.168.0.1 IP address can be assigned automatically on any device of the local network. It is used by most router models such as SMC and Uniden.
It also works on other networking devices like modem, DVR and webcam. When purchased for the first time, these router comes with factory settings. We can replace these settings with a unique password and other configurations that match the user preferences. To access your router’s interface, you will need an IP address of 192.168.0.1.
How to Log-in 192.168.0.1
Open a web browser on your computer that has configured for TCP/IP networking. Ensure that the computer and WNP1000 wireless AP are on the same local area network with the same IP address.
- Type 192.168.0.1 into the Location field (or the URL field) at the top of the browser window and hit the Enter key.
- Now, Enter the Password in the window.
- Type “admin” in the User Name field, leave the Password field blank and click OK.
- The General Information web page will appear next.
- Once you logged into the Access Point, you can change the User Name and Password.
192.168.0.1 IP Diagnostics
If you type 192.168.0.1 in your browser and can’t see router administration page, then you may have to check following issues.
- Check that your router is using 192.168.0.1 as a default address or not.
- Check that your router has connected to your computer or not(it is better to use wired connection during router setup).
Retrieving router IP address
Depending on which Router you use, we involve different steps in getting the IP address of the router or modem. For administration details of a specific router or modem, you need to refer to the administration manual for that particular model.
This article will help users, but this article is suitable for new users. If you search for keyword 192.168.0.1, and wireless settings online, you will not find any better articles than this. In the Router Manual, you will get the necessary information. You can use other websites to learn more about router and Wi-Fi settings. Thanks for reading this article. If you need any help, please comment below.